Here’s my delicious recipe for golden syrup flapjacks…
- 250g of porridge/ rolled oats
- 3-4 tbsp of golden syrup
- 75g of Demerara sugar
- 150g unsalted butter
- A handful of raisins (optional)
1. Firstly pre-heat the oven to 180° and line a square tin with grease proof paper.
2. Now, put the unsalted butter, syrup and Demerara sugar into a saucepan. on a low heat, and melt on a low heat; whilst slowly adding the oats. Make sure you stir throughout so the sugar doesn’t burn to the bottom of the pan.
3. Then spoon the mixture into the lined tin and some raisins if you wish. Now put it into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
4. Next, take the flapjack out of the oven, when bronzed, wait for it to cool and serve!